Disclaimer: This is not an official Web site of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints

Friday, July 8, 2011

5 days to go and some thoughts

Dear Ma's and Pa's,

You are about to adopt 12 - 13 young men and young women into your lives on this Trek.  I wanted to pass along some thoughts.  None of us know what is going on in everyone's lives at this particular moment, but one ward is hurting right now and I am sure others are too.  In a recent exchange with a Ma she says,
  • "I just wanted you to be aware of the situation just in case and also because some of the youth from our ward might need a little extra love, everyone's a little traumatized right now.  Thanks for understanding and for the prayer..." 
It doesn't really matter what the situation is, we all need and want love.  We have these amazing youth in our lives for 4 short day and 3 long nights.  I know all the Ma's and Pa's are ready and well trained, but I wanted to share these thoughts and words with you.   Good luck and "ALL IN!" as we do our last minute preparations for this trek.  Thank you for your time and talents.  I love you all and am looking forward to our upcoming adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment